Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Barb's Race

I was going to do a race report about Barb's race, which was a 1/2 iron distance on July 30th. It was a lot of fun, but I was really tired on the run. I finished in 5:40, which was 12 minutes faster than last year, but the run was 19 minutes slower! Swim was 33 minutes, bike was 2:55, and run was, acckkk, I forget, like 2:02, plus transitions. At any rate, I didn't eat enough on the bike, and made the big mistake of doing an intramuscular shot into my arm in the bike to run transition. BIG mistake. Insulin arrives too fast! and I did 2 units, and should have done one.

One thing that worked was to leave my insulin in a cooler out the night before in the T2 area. I think I'll do that again. And, I think now, for the bike, I'll just bring a bottle with me. I want to figure out a way to mount my meter with velcro onto my bike when I need it.

At any rate, more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete